The process can be time consuming and stressful - but it doesn’t have to be. We help streamline that for entrepreneurs. To do so, our brokers can help you through the whole process - from starting the search through the transaction.
We’ve compiled a list of the top six reasons on why using a broker helps make finding the right office or coworking space easier and more efficient for you.
- Plan ahead! Reach out to a broker about a year before you plan to move your small business. The timing can vary based on the size of your business as well. Many people outside of the commercial real estate business wouldn’t know how to find a broker - and that’s why we make it easy. Simply sign up for free on our site.
- Decide what you need! Are you unsure of what you want? If you don’t know what you want before you answer the survey questions on our website, reaching out to one of our brokers to ask questions and understand more going into your search is incredibly insightful. Check out our blog post on when your office lease is expiring here to help you determine what your business needs. The next step allows the broker to help you reach out to the prospective spaces and will be able to negotiate with the landlord in a language that may not be as relative to a small business owner. Brokers know how to push in economic and noneconomic terms. Each landlord structures their deals differently.
- Make a deal. Brokers know where the best deals are and can ensure you are seeing every possibility on the market - whether or not you’re wanting to stay in your building or relocate. Brokers can also suggest other options based on what you’ve already toured. For example, your local broker might say, “I saw you looked at A, B, and C office spaces, but I thought you’d also like to see X.”
- Free, free, free! Many people don’t know that you don’t have to pay to use a broker. Brokers have the inside track on what’s important to the landlord and then can help you use that knowledge to your benefit. You don’t pay for a broker (free!) - they’re part of the deal and in the landlord’s cost. Plus the landlord typically will have a broker working for them and that means if you don’t have a broker, then no one will be guiding you.
- Have a security blanket! Using a broker means you won’t mess up the search or the transaction, which is more common than you might think. They create leverage during negotiations, which can be a challenging conversation. A broker can navigate those difficult conversations for you and will know what’s important to you - either negotiating free rent for a few months, new office furniture, etc. Without a broker, you’d be starting off your relationship with your landlord in an awkward way. The broker alleviates this and ultimately saves you time and money.
- Experience pays off. Your broker can review the contract you’ll potentially sign to look out for your best interests. Deciding on an office space is a long term commitment for your business and you want to make sure you’re committing to the right space and on the right terms.
We have local brokers in every market to help make the leasing process easier.
Once you’ve filled out the survey on our website and have been contacted by a broker, the search process is really getting started. Our brokers are excited to help you find the perfect office or coworking space for your business.
Click here to start your search with us.