Truss, which is a technology-enabled tenant representative, has been designed for tenants and landlords focused on commercial space under 7,500 square feet. Several big-name national, regional and local Landlords are currently using the platform. We offer a culture that is based on growth and innovation, and the industry has taken notice – we won the CRE Tech Award for Best Tech Site in 2017. We are growing like crazy by bringing technology and data to the forefront of the commercial real estate industry. Brokers can post listings and subleases at no cost and market vacant spaces directly to tens of thousands of tenants. Landlords and Brokers can manage listings and transactions in one place via a cloud-based platform using their own lease documents. Additionally, the platform provides a holistic and interactive solution that educates Tenants so Landlords can spend less time answering common questions. The early vetting of qualified Tenants and immediate feedback from tours also leads to a shortened time to lease. With all communication and documentation in one place, everyone remains on the same page throughout the whole leasing process. This platform is free to prospective Tenants. Landlords pay a standard market commission to Truss the market rate for tenant representation on a closed lease but shares a “signing bonus” of 30% with the Tenant.
Truss is seeking a commercial real estate professional to fill a mid-senior level position providing leadership and support to office users in the Houston metropolitan area. This individual will have established relationships with existing building owners/landlord agents/tenant reps, possess high energy, ability to multi-task, and confidence in communicating with “C” level contacts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Currently possesses, as well as developing and maintaining, long-term business relationships with private and institutional real estate owners to promote new business development/brand awareness.
- Ability to meet with landlord agents and procure property listing data
- Responsible for process oversight and process improvement to ensure client satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable of the primary office corridors/submarkets in Houston metro.
- Possess excellent negotiating, problem solving and communication skills.
- Facilitate tenants touring viable space alternatives once a short list has been determined.
- Assist in negotiating the best possible lease terms consistent with the tenant/client’s objectives.
- Ability to expand existing clients and secure new clients
- Current office broker/agent with 5+ years of tenant rep or landlord rep experience in Houston.
- College degree required.
- Active Texas real estate license required.
- Must have a passion for real estate and a thorough understanding of commercial real estate industry.
- Belief that the leasing process can be greatly improved using technology
- Strong negotiation, financial and analytical background required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills a must for this position.
- Ability to interface with clients and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
The chosen candidate will receive an attractive compensation and bonus plan and will be eligible to participate in the Company’s group benefits, which include health, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, Flexible Spending, 401(k) match, expense account and stock options.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to:
Sheryl Pickens or Brenda Ridnour
Sr. VP Business Development and Tenant Services
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com