About the role
Real estate is an inherently visual business. From maps and photographs to videos and interactive virtual reality experiences, our industry offers a wealth of visual elements.
But real estate is also a data-driven business. Location, features, access to transportation, pricing, and contract details are all critical. There’s so much information, it’s hard to make sense of it all.
At Truss, your job as a designer is to bring compelling visuals together with clear information design. When we’re successful, our customers get smarter and our products look great.
About the position
- You’ll create compelling visual designs that bring Truss’s award-winning platform to life.
- Your work will span the entire customer lifecycle, from marketing and pre-sales materials to key product details.
- You’ll be part of the design team, based at our product hub in Evanston, IL (right by the El Purple Line, Metra UP-N, and Northwestern University)
- You’ll collaborate with product designers, engineers, and marketers, but you’ll have plenty of room to work independently.
- You’re a visual designer who is fluent with modern design tools like Sketch or Figma.
- If you have motion design or video editing experience, that’s a plus.
- You’re fluent enough with HTML and CSS to create attractive and functional email templates.
- You are organized and self-directed to work effectively on your own, but you fit right in to a multidisciplinary team of engineers, marketers, and designers.
- You have a great eye for detail; your work looks as great up close as it does from a distance.
- You strive for clarity, and you view design as a tool to communicate.
- Above all, you are pragmatic and solution-focused. You ask great questions to make sure you understand both what needs to be done and why.
Send your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Visual Designer Position.
In your portfolio, we would especially like to see examples where you use the same design language/branding in several different formats.