Are you a small business owner looking to rent coworking space in Chicago? You’re not alone — coworking is a growing trend, not just in Chicago but worldwide. There are roughly 35,000 flexible workspaces throughout the world, for a market value of approximately $26 billion. During the last couple years alone, the amount of available coworking space has risen by nearly 50 percent.
Coworking is experiencing explosive growth across the United States. Truss sees that demand firsthand - 50% of companies with less than 10 employees searching on Truss are considering coworking. Coworking is a great option for small businesses and startups all the way up to larger corporations looking for flexibility in their lease and space.
Many small businesses are searching for coworking space for lease in Chicago as it offers the following benefits:
- Flexibility: Coworking eliminates the need for lengthy leases and financial reviews that may be involved with renting traditional office space.
- Savings: Coworking is usually less expensive than traditional office space. Access to office equipment and supplies is included in the cost, which can save you money on overhead.
- Better space: Most of the Chicago coworking space for lease are well-located, modern and well-designed, which helps improve productivity (and may impress clients).
- Networking: The nature of coworking encourages a collaborative spirit. You might find new partners, and even clients, through coworking.
Coworking offers a variety of setups:
- Undesignated workspace/workstation in the common area (AKA Hot Desk)
- Designated desk in the common area
- One-person office
- Team office
Coworking can be extremely cost effective because costs are all-inclusive. Coworking rent typically includes the following:
- Meeting space
- Bonus amenities like free cold brew
Not sure if coworking or office space is right for you? At Truss, we specialize in helping owners of small- and medium-sized businesses locate, tour and lease the perfect space for coworking in Chicago. Our team of brokers and unique tech-enabled platform work together to help you determine what type of coworking space will best fit your business — and then locate it for you. Our service is free and simplifies the coworking leasing process. If you decide that traditional office space is a better fit for your business, we can help you locate that, too. Truss lets you compare all of your office and coworking options on one platform. Your local Truss broker can also help find what's right for you.