By accessing, browsing, visiting, or in any way using, the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to this Policy. If you do not agree, you may not use the Services.
What information do we collect?
Information we collect from you
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with your personal information. Generally this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information or Services. We may collect the following information from you:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- Job title
- Financial information
- Banking information
- Tenant requirements
- Tour information and feedback
We also collect and store all reviews and other information you may provide us through our Services.
Information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies
We may also collect information that you passively make available to us, including:
- IP address
- Physical location
- Services navigation history and habits
- Device Type
- Browser Type
- Operating System or Platform
- Name of Internet Service Provider
- Referring Website
- Exiting Website
- Pages visited on the website
- Frequency, time, data, and duration of your visit on our website
- Whether you open emails from us
- Links you click on in our emails and on our website, including ads
- Whether you access our website from multiple devices
- Whether you have Flash or Java installed
- Device Unique Device Identifier (e.g., Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI))
- Mobile device MAC or IP address
- Information about your mobile device's operating system
- Information about your mobile carrier
Through Third Parties
We may receive information about you from our third-party service providers who help us to provide Services to you, including our website when you interact with those service providers. For example, if you tell us your company name, we may research your company through third party services.
From social media
When you interact with us over social media, we may collect information about you. If you post information or otherwise interact with us through social media websites, social media platform plug-ins, or other applications we use, we may collect or receive information that you provide or that is automatically collected by the social media platform. Information that you post on social media platforms may become public, depending on your account settings. Information collected by social media platforms when you interact with their services is governed by the social media platforms’ respective privacy policies. For more information about how you can customize your privacy settings and how third-party social media websites handle your personal information, please refer to their privacy policies. We have a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
How do we use your information?
We will use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Services and information that you have requested.
- To conduct data analytics to support our website and business. Typically, these analyses are done using aggregated or otherwise de-identified data from automatically-collected information to manage and improve our website and our business. For example, we use this information to:
- Manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and our website’s performance and functionality. For example, we analyze website user behavior and conduct research and analysis about the way you and other users use our website.
- Manage risk and protect the website. We use data to better protect our Services, our website, and you by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the website and our Services.
- To develop new services and offers.
- To market to you and to tailor ads to your apparent interests. Information we collect about you helps us and our third-party service provider partners to offer additional services that we think might interest you.
- To conduct due diligence prior to engaging in a business relationship. Prior to engaging in a business relationship with you, we may conduct due diligence exercises, such as background and credit checks.
- To meet our contractual obligations with you when we engage in a business relationship with you.
- To operate and improve our business.
- To maintain our records.
- For legal, contractual, and safety purposes. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of our website; to comply with all applicable laws and regulations; to defend or protect us, our users, you, or third parties from harm or in legal proceedings; to protect our rights; to protect our security and the security of our users, employees, and property; to respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; to address legal and regulatory compliance; to verify your identity or communications from you; to comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party; and to notify you of changes to our terms, policies, or practices.
- To conduct internal monitoring and training.
- For other purposes for which you provide your consent. We will use your information for other purposes which are disclosed to you at the time your information is collected, or for purposes which can be inferred from or are obvious given the circumstances of collection.
Where possible, we combine data we have collected about you through various means and from various sources to develop a more complete depiction of you.
How do we share your information with third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personal information except to trusted service providers who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or providing services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We do not share your personal information with service providers or third parties except as discussed below.
Potential Landlords or Tenants
We may share information about you with potential landlords and their listing agents (if you are a potential tenant) or potential tenants (if you are a potential landlord). We will only share information as necessary to help us provide services to you that you have requested or that we believe would be complimentary to our Services.
Our Service Providers
We disclose personal information to our service providers who help us provide services, provide services on our behalf, or who cooperate with us on projects. Our service providers are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws. For example, we may share information about you with certain service providers (e.g., our web hosting provider) in order to provide our website to you. We may also share your information with some of our business and marketing partners to deliver the content, materials, and services available through the website.
We may also use and share personal information with service providers to deliver targeted advertisements or service offerings to you on a referral basis.
These third parties are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services or to comply with legal requirements.
Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official requests; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal audit; or (v) in the event that we are subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may subsequently be used by a third party.
What are your choices concerning your information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we obtain about you and share with others, as described below.
Information Provided by You
When corresponding with us or our representatives, or when making a request for information or otherwise interacting with us, you choose what information to supply, what questions or comments to submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and by what method of communication such information should be delivered. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. You are under no obligation to provide us with information, but without it, we may not be able to provide you the products or services you request.
At any time, you may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking “unsubscribe from this list” at the bottom of any promotional email from us. You may also contact us by email or postal address as noted below. Please include your current contact information and your requested changes.
If you volunteer a mobile phone number, you may receive periodic text messages from us related to our services. You can opt-out of receiving future text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
You may also disable the access to your location through the settings in your mobile phone or device for all apps or select apps. Contact your mobile carrier for assistance in enabling that feature.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to disable all or certain cookies if you wish. For more information on how to manage browser cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Click on the links below to learn how to manage cookies on these browsers:
Please note that by disabling or deleting cookies, you may not be able to access the full functionality of our website. Disabling or clearing cookies also may affect cookie-based opt-outs by either preventing you from using such cookie-based opt-outs or clearing opt-outs that you previously set.
For example, we use Google Analytics to help us analyze how visitors use our websites and mobile applications. The information generated by the cookie, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and mobile applications, and to compile statistical reports on website activity for us. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser.
You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Some of the third parties that we work with may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s self-regulatory program, which provides consumers tools to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising. Click here to learn more about the DAA’s WebChoices tool. To help control or block certain ads in mobile applications, you may choose to download and utilize the DAA mobile app by clicking here.
Do Not Track
Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above.
How do we protect your information?
We do our best to take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Links to third party websites
The Services are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13, and in fact may not be used by persons who are not at least 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about any person under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, you may not use the Services.
Location of this Website
This website is hosted and operated in the United States. However, we and our service providers may store information about individuals in the United States, or we may transfer it to, and store it within, other countries.
Visitors from jurisdictions outside the United States visit us at their own choice and risk.
If you are not a resident of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal information outside your home jurisdiction, and that we may store your personal information in the United States or elsewhere. Please note that the level of legal protection provided in the United States or other non-European countries from which you may access our website may not be as stringent as that under European Union privacy standards or the privacy laws of other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by writing to us at:
TRUSS HOLDINGS, INC.
500 Lake Cook Road, Suite 350
Deerfield, IL 60015
You can contact us at by post, phone, or email below.
TRUSS HOLDINGS, INC.
500 Lake Cook Road, Suite 350
Deerfield, IL 60015
Corporate Phone: (847) 580-4233